1. The feeling when you want to say something but you don’t have the right words in your target language:
2. The feeling when you meet someone who is more fluent than you:
3. The feeling when someone finds out you’re learning a foreign language and they want you to say something in that language:
No thank you.
4. .. unless they happen to be very attractive:
*flirts in Spanish*
5. The feeling when everyone else in your language class is moving up to the C1-level but you’re stuck in B2:
Where’s my cake?!
6. The feeling when your teacher asks you something and you have no idea what they said:
7. The feeling when you’re surrounded by native speakers for the first time:
50 % excitement, 50 % panic.
8. The feeling when someone makes fun of your pronunciation:
9. The feeling when you just can’t get your head around the crazy grammar…
10. … and you’re just about to give up…
11. … but then you finally understand:
Champagne for everybody!
12. The feeling when you overhear someone saying that your target language is ugly:
How DARE you.
13. The feeling when you say something and immediately realize it didn’t make any sense:
Wait, what? No, forget that.
14. The feeling when you meet your tandem partner for the first time and you realize they can’t really speak your target language:
“I just thought it would be nice to make new friends”. NO.
15. Finally: the feeling when a native speaker compliments you on your language skills:
It’s like a warm hug, but better. <3