- Santa exists. He lives in Greenland (which is actually a part of Denmark). Mommies don’t lie to their children!
- When driving on a vacation, Danes often drive to the south – through Germany. All daddies said that “Ausfahrt” was the biggest city in Germany. This seemed legit, since all the signs on the freeway said “Ausfahrt”. Turns out “Ausfahrt” means “exit”.
- The tooth fairy is real. When you lose a tooth, you should put it in a glass of water beside your bed or underneath your pillow. Then the tooth fairy will bring your tooth to Tooth-Fairy-Land and leave you a small reward. In Denmark, this reward was often two or five Danish kroner. Which is approximately 30-70 cents (Euro).
- The black/white cows produce milk – true! However, the brown ones produce chocolate milk – lie.
- The fear for pigeons has its reason. Pigeons steal people’s hair, and this is why some people are bald.
Ok, so not all children believed this. I did and a lot of my family members and friends did, so I guess we are not in it alone? Which lies did you believe, when you were a child?