Here we go with our new column about amazing facts. Did you know the ones listed below? Do you know even more interesting ones? Expand our Facts or Factoids? – Top ten!!
- The first couple shown in bed on TV was Fred & Wilma Flintstone
- Each King on playing cards represents a historical king, who actually existed: Spades: David, Hearts: Charlemagne, Clubs: Alexander the Great, Diamonds: Julius Caesar
- Bullet-proof vests, fire escapes, windscreen wipers and laser printers have one thing in common: they were all invented by women.
- Shrimps´ hearts are in their heads.
- In Ancient England, couples that were having children were required to first obtain royal permission and then place a sign in their home that said “Fornication Under Consent of King”, which was later shortened to FUCK
- An only-for-men game was invented in Scotland, the name was “Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden”, which was later shortened to GOLF
- A flea can jump 350 times the length of its body. For a human being would mean to jump from one side of a football pitch to the other one.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- In 1987 American Airlines saved 40.000 $ simply taking away one olive from first class’ salads.
- On average, women say 7,000 words per day while men manage just over 2,000 words.