We all know that English is one of the most important languages in the world. In Latin America it’s essential to speak it fluently if you want to get a job in international or big companies. In Mexico, for example, there are many schools specialized in English teaching and some of them are only focused in English for business.
However, it is also known that after English, Spanish is the second language most studied around the world and the third one among the most popular on the Internet. Latin America is integrated by 21 countries which speak Spanish as a native language (Mexico has the largest population of Spanish speakers) and even in the United States, the number of people who speak the language has increased in the last few years. In addition, the Latin American culture has expanded its influence in many fields such as literature, film industry and music.
Furthermore, Spanish teaching and learning material demand has duplicated and job opportunities are increasing due to the fact that you will be able to communicate with more than 450 millions of people that speak the language.
There are 3 important reasons of why people learn Spanish:
– Number of Spanish speaking countries.
– They consider that Spanish is the best language to express their feelings.
– The sound of the language.
Spanish is a wonderful and easy language to learn. You will always have the chance to travel and practice your Spanish with native speakers in many countries. If you are not learning, what are you waiting for?!
– Many cities in USA (like New York, LA and Miami), have a wide percentage of people that speak Spanish and therefore many airports have English/Spanish announcement boards.
– On the border between USA and Mexico, people speak a weird mixture of Spanish and English called Spanglish.
– Spanish is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
– Spanish spoken by people in Spain is different from the one spoken in Latin America. Some of the main differences are: accent, S and Z letter sound, prepositions and many other words.
– In India, it is very common to find merchants that speak Spanish due to the big number of tourists from Spain.
– The Royal Spanish Academy was founded to ensure that modifications applied to the language do not affect the bonds among Spanish speaking nations.