What was your first word when you had just started talking? Who was there for you in the moments of your ups and downs? Who do you miss the most while being away from home? Mama, Mutter, Mami, Moer, Мама, no matter which language it is said, it is always associated with something sweet, warm, tender and pleasant.
Second Sunday of May (May 11 this year) is a day when people across around 80 countries take this opportunity to express their love and thank their mothers for giving them life, raising them and being a constant support throughout their entire lives.
Did you know that?
- 133 million cards are exchanged annually on this day making it the third-largest card-sending holiday in the U.S.A.
- More phone calls are made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year
- There are approximately 2 billion mothers in the world, with 4 babies born each second
- The youngest mother ever, Lina Medina, gave a birth to 6½-pound boy at the age of 5 years and 7 months in 1939.
- Mrs. Vassilyeva holds the record for the highest number of kids – 69!!! Sixteen pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets were born between 1725 and 1765
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.-Mildred B. Vermont
P.S Dear moms, it does not always seem like we appreciate everything you do for us, but we really do! And even though we do not tell you these words very often, but we do LOVE YOU!
Happy Mother’s Day!