Vodka never disappoints. When it’s good, it gets you drunk. When it’s bad, it does your laundry.
♦5 vodka facts♦
1. Eastern Europe is the homeland of vodka. Every country produces it, and most of them also have local flavoured specialties. The first documented production of vodka in Russia was at the end of the 9th century.
2. Vodka is one of the most popular distilled liquor worldwide. Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Slovakia, Hungary, Baltic and Nordic states constitute the so called “Vodka Belt“, where the consumption of this beverage is the highest.
3. In the “Vodka Belt” it is distilled from rye, wheat and potatoes, but Americans, Canadians and Australians basically use molasses. But, vodka can be made from any sugar-rich matters, such as fruits, herbs and even sweets.
4. Vodka comes from a diminutive form of Slavic word “voda” (water) and it is also called aqua vitae (Latin, literally “water of life“), Polish – okowita, Russian – аквавит, Ukrainian – оковита, Belarusian – акавіта and Scandinavian akvavit.
5. During the Middle Ages, it was commonly believed that vodka could lengthen life! Nowadays, there exist a lot of different vodka-based treatments for various health problems and the scientists claim that occasional drinking is beneficial.
♦5 vodka super powers♦
1. Vodka kills most bacteria. Try soaking your razor blade in vodka – prevent it from rusting and use vodka as an aftershave to disinfect your skin.
2. Vodka has a specific odour, but doesn’t leave a scent when dries. So you can easily keep your clothes fresh by spraying them with vodka! In the same way you will deal with stinky feet.
3. If you sweat abnormally or you just want to get rid of the unpleasant smell – have a hot bath with the shot of vodka. Furthermore, that will perfectly relax your body and mind!
4. Got flowers for Valentine’s Day? Want to keep them longer fresh? A teaspoon of sugar with a few drops of vodka should solve the problem.
5. Overdried and damaged hair? Add a shot of vodka to the conditioner or shampoo to seal your hair cuticle and get healthier hair with every wash.